Sunny weather returns to the area for the end of the week with highs right around 68 degrees and a bit windy during the daytime. Those gusts do not go away as night falls – clear skies though with a low around 50 degrees.
Construction around the area seems to be at an end, but Sunrise Highway and the Southern State Parkway are always packed in the morning. If for some reason you need to head eastbound on the Ocean Parkway, prepare for backups with the roadway under emergency reconstruction following a recent storm's damage. Check out the traffic map above for up-to-date info.
Robert Frost Heritage Night, 4 p.m., Robert Frost Middle School
"The Heat", 1 p.m. & 3:30 p.m., North Babylon Public Library
- Deer Park/North Babylon Varsity Gymnastics vs Copiague, 4 p.m.
- Deer Park Varsity Girls Volleyball at Riverhead, 4 p.m.
- Deer Park Varsity Girls Soccer at West Babylon, 4 p.m.
- North Babylon Varsity Field Hockey at Riverhead, 4 p.m.
- North Babylon Varsity Girls Soccer vs Smithtown East, 4 p.m.
A Deer Park woman was involved in the car crash that killed an NYPD officer on Thursday morning.
Check out the new Suffolk County Pet Store Rating Program and make sure you buy from a kind hearted store.
Ways to Share in Deer Park & North Babylon