1. New Year's Eve is right around the corner. Who do you think made the biggest difference this year in Deer Park and North Babylon? Nominate yourself or a neighbor to be Deer Park-North Babylon's Person of the Year here.
2. It was a white Christmas after all this year, as snow fall across Deer Park and North Babylon on Dec. 24. The weather may not treat residents as kindly this week though. Expect rain today and tomorrow, and a possible storm later in the week.
3. Every Wednesday is Cruisin Night at the Deer Park Avenue Nathan's. Cruise down Route 231 in your bike or hot rod to receive 20 percent off and see some great bikes.
4. Happy Kwanzaa to all of our Deer Park and North Babylon neighbors.
5. Schools are closed for Winter Break and will reopen on Jan. 2, 2013.