1. From Friday, Dec. 14, 2012 through Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2013, the New York State Police issued more than 33,000 tickets and arrested 538 people for DWI.
2. Watch a screening of 'The Hunger Games' at the Deer Park Library today, starting at 1 p.m.
3. Children can Read Aloud to a Specialty Trained Therapy Dog at Deer Park Library today at 4:30 p.m. Register at the library or call 631-586-3000.
4. How do you get rid of your Christmas tree? Natural Christmas trees go out on your regular yard waste day in the Town of Babylon. No special arrangements need to be made.
5. Republican Peter King on Wednesday slammed his own party’s leadership in the House of Representatives for failing to bring to a vote a $60 billion aid package for victims of Hurricane Sandy.