The food pantry at the Babylon Town Hall Annex in North Babylon, is in dire need of donations.
To serve residents in need, the Department of Human Services collects supplies and emergency food on a monthly basis. Pantry guests can visit once per month and must provide current valid identification at the time of pickup.
The Department of Human Services accepts donations of non-perishable food at the Town Hall Annex, Room 12 in North Babylon, the Town Hall Council Office in Lindenhurst, and Old Town Hall on Main Street in Babylon Village, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Items needed include:
- Pasta (1-2 lbs.)
- Pasta/rice dinners (Rice-A-Roni, Uncle Ben's)
- Brown rice
- Spaghetti sauce (15-28 oz)
- Spaghetti O's
- Canned meat (potted meat, Vienna sausages, Spam)
- Canned tune, canned salmon
- Canned chicken breast/turkey breast
- Canned fruit, applesauce (15-13 oz)
- Bottles water (16-20 oz bottles)
- Canned/bottled juices
- Juice boxes
- Cereal, Oatmeal
- Toiletries (deodorant, toothpaste, soap, feminine products, etc.)
- Canned vegetables (15-24 oz)
- Canned soup (15-24 oz)
- Canned beans: red, black, vegetarian, pork n'beans (15-24 oz)
- Corn muffin mix
- Macaroni and cheese
- Toilet paper, paper towels
- Baby food: formula, cereal, juice
- Diapers (all sizes, training underpants)
- Plastic shopping bags, reusable canvas totes, small boxes, frozen foods, monetary donations and grocery store gift cards are also accepted.